Appointments are Available on Thursday Mornings
9:30 Am - 12:00 Pm
Tillicum Lelum Aboriginal Health Centre
602 Haliburton Street
Confidential Legal Consultations
Meet with a lawyer and Aboriginal Community Legal Worker to privately discuss issues, including: Children in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development, family and child protection law, assisting with court documents, and referrals to community resources.
Contact The Health Centre at (250) 753-6578 To Book An Appointment
The Parents Legal Centre is a service provided by the Legal Services Society (Legal Aid BC). This service is available anytime after you’re first contacted by the ministry or a delegated Aboriginal agency.
You’ll work with a lawyer and an advocate to help you address the social worker's concerns about your children's safety (child protection). Together they can help you find solutions that work for you and your family.
The lawyer can:
- give you legal advice about how to resolve child protection concerns as early as possible;
- represent you during mediations, Family Case Conferences, and other meetings; and
- represent you at court hearings (if you don't have to have a trial).
The advocate can:
- provide information and support,
- connect you with other services, such as counselling and housing; and
- go with you to meetings and appointments.
You may be eligible for these services if:
- you don’t already have a lawyer working with you on your child protection issue;
- your income and assets fall under the limits; and
- you are a parent, guardian, or other person in the place of a parent.
For more information, please contact :
Kristina - Intake/Legal Admin. Assistant
Parents Legal Centre (Duncan)